We also made it through the month of June!!! At our house, June is the most busy month of the year! With two boys playing baseball, we spend Monday through Thursday nights at baseball games. Also, because we live in a small town, we play against teams from Mt. Pleasant, Manti, Moroni, and Fairview. So we do a lot of traveling to the away games. Then, the last week in June, the Lion's Club here in Ephraim, holds an annual baseball tournament. The money they make goes to fund a scholarship for a local college student. Travis is the Lion's Club treasurer, so we spend a lot of time during that week involved in the tournament. Travis and I stay up till around 1:00-2:00 a.m. to count the money and get the money bags ready for the gates and concession stands for the next day.
The other fun thing about living in Ephraim during June is the Manti Pageant. This was Brynn's 2nd year getting to participate in the Pageant. They have 2 intense weeks of many practices and then put the Pageant on for almost 2 weeks. We spend much of our time, inbetween games, getting Brynn where she needs to be. Travis was in charge of the Language Table at Pageant last year, but this year the Pageant was at the same time as the Lion's Tournament, so Travis was not in charge, but did what he could to help out at Pageant also. Needless to say, our sleeping habits become very messed up. With late games, and Pageant not ending until 11:30 pm, we rarely get the kids in bed before 10:00, and sleeping in becomes a necessity. It is common for Brynn to sleep until noon, or later.
Even though it seems like we are just trying to keep up all month long, it is worth it. The boys LOVE to play ball and we have fun going to watch them play. Brynn's experience with Pageant is always so special. It is an awesome opportunity to help her testimony grow. If it weren't for everything else going on, I would take all my kids and participate in Pageant with all of them. However, if the kids are going to be in pageant without their parents, they have to be at least 12 years old. So, next year Dallin can be in it, and he is excited. If any of you are ever interested in the experience for you or your kids, we would be willing to have your kids (when they are old enough), come and stay with us for the 3-4 weeks to be in Pageant. It is really neat, Travis still remembers the experiences he had as a youth being in the Pageant. The Sunday after the last show, they have a special testimony meeting for all the cast members. I am so grateful we live here and that my children can have this opportunity.
Well, I will stop rambling on and on now and show you a few pictures and video's of the last months happenings at the Schiffman house.
(Sorry, I don't have any good pictures of Pageant)

4 comments:
What a fun and busy month! Glad you made it! :)
I LOVE the videos!! They really made me want to play ball again! What GREAT TIMES!! I think I even like Mom's enthusiasm more though!! I'm glad Brynn had fun during the Pagent again! We're going to have to come down next year... it seems like I can NEVER remember when it is - until it's too late, of course! Love you guys!!
What fun! I think we are going to do Pageant next year as a family...maybe you should join us!?!? Glad Travis is home, your a strong woman!! :)
Fun to see the video! I didn't realize I had such all-star baseball players for nephews! They look good.
I remember going to the Manti Pageant when I lived in Ephraim. That is so neat that Brynn can actually participate in it every year!
Post a Comment